Most women will experience some symptoms such as hot flushes, insomnia and mood change round the menopause. Below are some diet and lifestyle tips to help you to stay healthy during menopause:
• Reduce refined carbohydrates - white sugar, white bread, white rice and sweet stuffs.
• Cut down intake of coffee. Use calming herb teas such as lemon balm and chamomile to help relax your mind.
• Avoid hot flush triggers such as alcohol and spicy foods.
• Eat more phyto-oestrogenic foods such as oats and soya.
• Go for brisk walking at least 20 minutes daily. This helps to trigger the production of happy chemicals called endorphins in your body.