Active Ingredients in 1 sachet:
Proprietary Blend of 15 Probiotic Strains* (50 Billion CFU), Frutafit® Prebiotic Fibre (4g)
B. coagulans, B. subtilis natto, B.bifidum, B. lactis, B. longum, C.butyricum, L. acidophilus, L. paracasei, L. plantarum, L. rhamnosus GG(FloraGGTM ), L. casei, L. lactis, P. acidilactici, S. boulardii, S. thermophilus
No laxatives, wheat, yeast, preservatives, artificial colouring or flavouring. Safe and free of heavy metals.
Non-allergenic: does not contain gluten, crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, soybeans, milk, nuts, celery, mustard, sesame, sulphur dioxide and sulphite, lupine.
Direction of Use:
Mix content into 250ml water or beverage (< 40 degrees Celsius). Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water during the day for maximal efficacy.
Adults or children >12 years:
- For general health maintenance: 1 sachet daily (If taking probiotic supplement for the first time, start with ⅓ sachet and gradually increase the dosage.)
- For detoxification or serious health concerns: 2 to 3 sachets daily, taken separately
If you have the following concerns, please take 1 sachet twice daily before meals to reduce post-meal glucose spike(total 2 sachets a day):
- Body weight concern
- High cholesterol, triglyceride (TG) or body fat
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver
Children (8 to 12 years): ½ sachet daily
Young children (3 to 7 years): ⅕ sachet daily
Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a healthy diet. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, please consult your physician before consuming any supplements.
Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature (25 degrees Celsius), away from direct sunlight. For maximal potency, store in the refrigerator.
1. Are single-strain or multiple-strain probiotics better?
Studies have shown that multiple-strain probiotics appear to provide greater efficacy than single-strain, even though the same single strains are components of the multi-strain formulas. Since each probiotic strain has its unique functions, combining various strains of probiotics will offer a wider spectrum of benefits than a single strain. Besides, taking huge numbers of a single strain probiotic may upset the gut microbial balance and even alarm the immune system. FloraGenesis Ultra Wellness combines 15 probiotic strains in a synergistic manner to maximise their potencies in restoring the balance and diversity of intestinal microflora.
2. Why do I need FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness?
Stress, processed foods, chlorinated waters, some medications and other lifestyle factors can cause imbalance to the gut flora (when the bad bacteria in the gut far exceed the beneficial ones). In addition, the abundance of carbohydrates and sugars consumed daily also feeds the bad bacteria and helps them to thrive. This can affect the day-to-day energy levels and immunity of the body. Supplementation of probiotics with FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness helps increase good bacteria and maintains the balance of beneficial bacterial in the gut, thereby supporting body overall wellness that includes the digestive, intestinal, immune and bone health.
3. Can the probiotics in FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness reach the gut intact and alive?
Yes. The probiotics in FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness are well protected by a patented 5-layer microencapsulation (Patent no. M479761) consisting of the best natural peptides, glycopeptides, colloids and glycans. The probiotics are embedded in the core of a capsule, surrounded by the colonisation, nutrient-rich, antioxidant, bile-resistant and acid- resistant layers. The outer 3 layers (acid resistant, bile resistant and antioxidant) provide a physical barrier against harsh conditions such as gastric acid, bile, heat, humidity and stress, to ensure the probiotics are delivered to the gut alive. The nutrient-rich layer keeps the probiotics and intestinal lining healthy while the colonisation layer combines the probiotics and prebiotics to increase colonisation of probiotics at the intestinal lining.
4. How soon and how do I tell if FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness is effective?
The positive results of FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness can be observed within 3 days of consumption though it may vary between individuals. The most obvious improvement are reliefs in gastrointestinal symptoms such as constipation, diarrhoea or bloating, these are indications that FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness is effective. Most people will also notice higher energy levels resulting from better nutrient absorption as well as improvements such as stronger immunity, clearer skin and enhancement in overall well-being.
5. How often should I take FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness for my gut health?
Unhealthy diet (caffeine, wine, bad food choices) and lifestyle factors (such as stress and late nights) can negatively impact the balance of gut microflora. It is highly recommended to replenish good bacteria in the digestive tract on a daily basis with FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness, to maintain good gastrointestinal health.
6. What are the functions of Frutafit® inulin in FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness?
Frutafit® inulin is a natural extract from chicory root, it serves as a prebiotic and a soluble dietary fibre. Prebiotics help to nourish and promote the growth of the supplemented probiotics. They also feed the unique resident good bacteria in the gut. Frutafit® inulin is non-digestible by human digestive system, it acts as a dietary fibre to improve digestion and bowel movements.
7. Can I take FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness with vitamins and other supplements?
Yes, it is safe to do so.
8. Can I take FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness with antibiotics?
Yes. However, it is advisable to have a 2-hour gap between FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness and antibiotics to ensure its efficacy is not compromised.
9. Will FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness cause diarrhoea, bloating or gassiness?
No, it will not. Instead, it will help relieve these gastrointestinal discomforts. However, if you are taking probiotic supplement for the first time, it is recommended to start with ⅓ sachet and gradually increase the dosage. This helps your body to adjust to the probiotic regimen.
Research-proven efficacy of 5-layer microencapsulation
The following were extracted from clinical studies and for referencing purpose only. This does not imply that the product is claimed to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1) Increases survival rate of probiotics
A freeze-dry was carried out to compare the number of probiotics that were uncoated or embedded with the patented 5-layer microencapsulation. The result showed a higher survival rate with 10,000 times higher efficiency among probiotics that were encapsulated than those uncoated form.
2) Protects probiotics against high temperatures
Uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in the patented 5-layer microencapsulation were stored at 40oC for 4 weeks. Results showed probiotics protected by the patented microencapsulation against the heat were 1 billion times more resilient than the uncoated form.
3) Maintains stability during storage
Uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in patented 5-layer microencapsulation were stored at ambient temperature for 12 months and a stability test was conducted. The patented microencapsulated group showed higher stability with 10 billion times more survivals than the uncoated form.
4) Resistance to gastric acid and bile
Uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in patented 5-layer microencapsulation were kept in a gastric environment for 3 hours and 24 hours to determine their acid resistance and bile tolerance respectively. Results showed that gastric acid and bile caused minimal reduction of microencapsulated probiotics but a drastic decrease in the uncoated form.
5) Improves probiotics colonisation in the intestines
In this test, uncoated probiotics and probiotics embedded in patented 5-layer microencapsulation were placed in a gastricenvironment and studied for colonisation. Intestinal colonisation by microencapsulated probiotics was found to be 1027 times more efficient than the uncoated form.
Research-proven benefits of key ingredients
1) Promotes growth of good bacteria in the gut
The inulin in chicory root is known to nourish gut bacteria, improve digestion and help relieve constipation. Healthy volunteers (19-35 years old) were given a placebo, a 5 g/day (low-dose) or a 8 g/day (high-dose) Frutafit® inulin (chicory root extract) for 2 weeks. Their faecal samples showed both low and high-dose Frutafit® significantly increased the number of Bifidobacterium in the faeces.
2) Relieves abdominal distension and constipation
Bloating (abdominal swelling) and abdominal distension (actual increase in girth) are common symptoms in IBS, especially in patients who experience constipation. In this study, patients (20-69 years old) consumed fermented milk containing 12.5 billion CFU of B.lactis daily for 4 weeks. Reductions in bloating and abdominal distention were observed. In addition, there were also improvements in overall symptom severity.
3) Reduces side effects of antibiotics
Antibiotics deplete natural gut flora and provide opportunities for spore-forming bacteria (such as Clostridium difficile) to infect and proliferate, this can result in diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, fever and other discomforts. In this study, patients were given 10 billion CFU L. plantarum (a strain of probiotic), once daily during treatment with antibiotic. This resulted in significant reduction in the cases of C. difficile infection. For patients who suffered from C. difficile infection, administration of L. plantarum reduced the severity of the infection.
4) Increases calcium absorption for optimal bone health
a) Beneficial to Adolescent:
Calcium is essential for building and maintaining strong bones, especially during the growth spurts in the adolescent years. Insufficient calcium intake and absorption during this time and young adulthood puts individuals at risk for developing osteoporosis later on in life.
In this study, adolescent girls between 11 and 13.9 years old who were administered 8g of chicory root extract daily for 3 weeks; along with a relatively high dose of calcium [1500mg dietary calcium daily] showed significantly higher calcium absorption.
b) Beneficial to Postmenopausal women:
Declining estrogen production after menopause results in increased bone resorption and decreased calcium absorption. Adequate calcium intake and absorption is key in preventing fractures and protect against osteoporosis.
In this clinical study, postmenopausal women were administered 8g chicory root extract daily for 3 months, this resulted in increased calcium absorption.
5) Increases iron absorption
Iron deficiency is common among young women globally. This deficiency can lead to anaemia which may cause fatigue and breathlessness. Adding probiotics to one’s diet could help increase iron absorption.
In this clinical study, healthy women were administered a fruit drink (containing 5mg iron) without probiotics (Control) for 2 days, followed by the same fruit drink with added 1 billion (109) or 10 billion (1010) L. plantarum for another 2 days. Blood samples were taken 2 weeks later. Results showed the addition of L. plantarum remarkably increased absorption of iron from the fruit drink.
6) Improves skin conditions
In this clinical study, volunteers (41 – 59 years old) who have dry skin and wrinkles were administered 10 billlion CFU L. plantarum daily for 12 weeks. This resulted in significant increases in the skin water content in the face and
hands. Significant reduction in wrinkle depth and improvement in skin gloss and elasticity were also observed, suggesting the anti-ageing benefits of L. plantarum on skin.
Did you know?
Bifidobacterium is a predominant bacteria in intestinal microflora of breastfed infants, protecting them from gut
infection. As we age, the number of Bifidobacterium in our intestine decreases. Thus, increasing the proportion
of Bifidobacterium in the intestine is imperative.
Among the beneficial effects of Bifidobacterium in the colon are:
• Competitively excludes bad bacteria
• Ferments carbohydrate in the colon to produce energy
• Support healthy colon
Checklist for a good probiotic supplement
- Safe & viable
- Heat resistance
- Acid & bile resistance
- Able to adhere to intestinal wall and colonise
- Persist in gut for a long time to effect benefits
- Able to modulate host microflora
Did you know, 90% of cells in the human body is microbial? The gut has the largest number of microbes (> 100 trillion) and the greatest number of species (≥ 1000 species) compared to other parts of the body. Good and bad bacteria reside in the intestines, with Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium being the two most important beneficial species found here.
It refers to bacteria and other microorganism that live inside the intestine. A healthy gut flora with 80% good bacteria is the key to good health. Scientific studies confirmed that poor intestinal health due to an imbalanced gut flora (dominated by bad bacteria) is the root cause of many chronic health problems.
Abnormal bowels - Diarrhoea, bloating, gas, constipation.
Poor skin conditions – Acne, eczema, rosacea.
Weird tongue patterns – A white film layering tongue, red dots or lumps on the side or back of tongue.
Poor mental health – Brain fog, mental fatigue, stress, anxiety, depression.
Poor immune health – Nagging coughs, colds, sore throats, flu-like symptoms.
Trouble maintaining a healthy weight – Obesity
1. Sweets – High sugar intake causes potentially harmful microbes to multiply rapidly.
2. Wine and beer – Excessive alcohol consumption can alter microbial balance.
3. Poor sleep – Sleep deprivation affects gut microbial diversity.
4. Antibiotics – They kill both the good and bad bacteria in the gut.
5. Insufficient fiber – Fiber serves as food for good bacteria to grow.
6. Pollution – Environmental pollution can alter the balance of the gut flora.
7. Drinking chlorinated water – Chlorine kills both good and bad bacteria in the gut.
8. Foods with Artificial coloring – They are antibacterial and antifungal and thus disrupt the natural order of gut flora.
9. NSAID painkillers – They disrupt the balance of bacteria in the gut.
10. Stress – Stress kills good bacteria and increases the number of bad bacteria, it also reduces microbial diversity.
Probiotics are live beneficial bacteria. When ingested in adequate amounts, they can enhance the health of your digestive tract, colonise and restore the good bacteria count in your gut to suppress the ‘trouble-making’ bad bacteria, support absorption of nutrients while eliminating toxic compounds from the digestive tract. Thus, it is important to replenish with the right type of dietary probiotics to maintain a good flora balance.
Most oral probiotics are prone to destruction by gastric acid and bile as they journey down the digestive tract, even before their beneficial activities can take effect. Although live cultures are typically coated by a capsule, they are still not protected against ambient humidity, warm temperatures or gastric acid and so cannot survive for long.
Supports good gastrointestinal health
• Balances intestinal microflora – increases good bacteria and suppresses the bad
• Relieves constipation – promotes bowel regularity, reduces urgency and feelings
of incomplete emptying
• Reduces gastrointestinal symptoms during antibiotic treatment (diarrhoea,
abdominal pain, nausea, etc)
• Reduces digestive/gastrointestinal discomfort – pain, bloating
• Reduces risk of leaky gut (toxins and bad bacteria entering into the blood stream)
• Reduces side effects and microbiota alteration of triple therapy prescribed
for H.pylori infection
• Protects against NSAID-induced side effects (i.e. increased stomach permeability)
Supports healthy immune functions
• Supports quick recovery from flu/cold
• Increases antibody production in response to vaccination
• Manages respiratory and food allergy (including gluten allergy)
• Manages inflammatory reactions
Combats pollutants (cadmium, aluminium, copper)
• Increases excretion of pollutants
• Reduces intestinal absorption and tissue accumulation of pollutants
• Ameliorates liver damage and oxidative stress
Supports cardiovascular health
• Supports healthy blood pressure
• Supports healthy blood lipid
• Supports healthy heart rate
• Supports healthy blood glucose levels
• Helps protects against cardiovascular risks
Supports liver health
• Helps reduce fat accumulation in the liver
• Supports liver function
Supports oral health
• Reduces depth of periodontal pockets
Increases minerals absorption
• Increases calcium absorption for optimal bone health
• Increases iron absorption and helps protect against anaemia
Supports skin health
• Reduces wrinkle depth
• Improves skin radiance and elasticity
• Increases skin water content in the face and hands
• Increases sebum content to prevent excessive water loss and protects
skin from bacterial and fungal infections
Supports healthy weight
• Reduces body mass index (BMI) and fat mass in adults with obesity
Supports healthy ageing of elderly
• Improves intestinal microflora
• Strengthens immunity
• Reduces skin ulcers and hair loss
Supports brain health
• Supports cognitive function
• Protects against diarrhoea and related symptoms
• Supports healthy immune system
• Soothes reactive skin
• Protects against anaemia
• Reduces respiratory infections
• Reduces allergy in children who are sensitive to egg white protein
• Supports healthy development with better nutrients absorption
We need both probiotics and prebiotics. Prebiotics are non-digestible carbohydrates which act as food for good bacteria (including ingested probiotics) and help them thrive.
Frutafit® inulin is a natural prebiotic extract from chicory root, it serves as prebiotics for the good bacteria, specifically to promote growth the beneficial bacteria such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. As they are non-digestible by the human digestive system and reach the gut intact, they also act as a dietary fiber to improve digestion and bowel movements.
Benefits of chicory root extract
• Stimulates growth of Bifidobacterium in the intestines
- improves microflora and protects against infection
• Improves gastrointestinal health
- supports good digestion & bowel movements, increases faecal biomass and water
content of stools
• Supports bone health
- stimulates mineral (magnesium, calcium & iron) absorption, especially under
conditions of increased mineral requirements (e.g. adolescence & post-menopause)
• Supports healthy immune system
• Promotes cardiovascular health
- Supports healthy blood pressure, blood lipid levels and blood glucose
Contents: 30 sachets