General wellness is not only about not falling sick but also a right balance between emotional, physical, spiritual and mental health. Mental health affects how we think, feel and act and also determines how we handle stress and make choices. Mental health is always being neglected since everyone is more focus on physical health and diet. In actual fact, poor mental health can have great impact on physical health leading to increased risk of many conditions such as stroke, diabetes and arthritis. Poor mental health includes stress, anxiety, depression and eating disorders.
Here are some tips to boost your mental health:
- Start your day with a cup of green tea which contains high antioxidant that can help to boost your brain and body function. \t
- Write a journal, include things that you are grateful for and what you want to accomplish today. \t
- Plan a trip with family or friends so that you have something to look forward to. \t
- Build up your self-confidence by doing things you are good at. \t
- Have a good night sleep to relax your body and mind. \t
- Eat some dark chocolate to boost your brain power and mental skills. \t
- Laughter is a great way to reduce anxiety and release stress. \t
- Work out to stay strong and healthy.