Keeping an eye on your blood pressure and cholesterol? There is something else that you might want to monitor and that is triglycerides.
Why do we even have cholesterol and triglycerides? You see, healthy levels of cholesterol & triglycerides are needed by the body for basic functioning. It only poses as a health concern when the levels exceed the normal range and become triggering factors for cardiovascular diseases.
Blood lipids are made up of the following three categories:
- LDL cholesterol (commonly known as bad cholesterol): Low-density lipoprotein transports cholesterol through the arteries. When it builds up to form plaque, it can form a blockage which could then trigger blood clot formation.
- HDL cholesterol (commonly known as good cholesterol): High-density lipoprotein is responsible for transporting cholesterol back to the liver to be flushed out of the body.
- Neutral fat (also called triglyceride): Triglycerides exist as fat cells and are formed when we consume excess calories that are not used. The lipid triglycerides will only be released when the body needs energy.
Healthy triglyceride range: less than 150 mg/dl
Borderline triglyceride range: between 150 and 199 mg/dl.
High triglycerides range: between 200 to 499 mg/dl range
Extremely high triglyceride range: 500 mg/dl or above.
There are many cholesterol-lowering remedies, like red yeast rice, on the market. However, red yeast rice alone only lowers triglycerides slightly, but not to healthy levels.
What are some factors that result in high triglycerides?
Besides family genetics and drug use, high triglycerides are usually related to the two reasons below. If nothing is done about the below mentioned reasons and the lack of regular exercising, the value of triglycerides will become higher and higher.
1. Excessive intake of calories: When the body consumes high-fat and high-calorie foods, the excess calories that are not consumed will be converted into triglycerides, which are stored in fat cells as backup energy to form subcutaneous fat and internal organs Fat.
2. Long-term excessive drinking: People who drink for a long time are prone to high triglycerides. This is because long-term excessive drinking will produce too much heat in the liver, and this heat will be stored in the liver cells in the form of triglycerides, causing Fatty liver and hyperlipidemia.
Diseases that are caused by high triglyceride levels:
If triglycerides are accumulated in these places for a long time, these problems will likely occur:
• Cardiovascular fat: Cardiovascular diseases, such as vascular sclerosis, omental lipidemia, etc., may even be at risk of myocardial infarction in severe cases.
• Liver fat: Fatty liver, liver inflammation, liver cirrhosis
• Abdominal fat: Insulin resistance, diabetes, pancreatitis, acute pancreatitis
※High triglycerides are one of the important causes of complicating pancreatitis. If there is a sudden onset of persistent pain in the upper abdomen, combined with nausea, vomiting and abdominal distension, please seek medical attention as soon as possible.
• Intramuscular fat: Obesity, high blood pressure
• Subcutaneous fat: Eruptive xanthoma
You can also consider:
LABO Nutrition CHOLRestore
CHOLRestore is a natural and holistic formula, made with a proprietary blend of functional premium red yeast rice and plant sterols. The combined properties of both ingredients help lower both cholesterol and triglyceride to healthy levels.
How is CHOLRestore able to overcome the limitation faced by other red yeast rice supplements to also lower triglycerides to healthy levels?
This is possible because CHOLRestore contains naturally derived plant sterols which are research-proven to lower triglycerides to healthy levels. It offers even more health benefits; these include slowing down hair loss and improving painful urination that is related to prostate health.
And, unlike other red yeast rice supplements, CHOLRestore uses premium-grade organic red yeast rice with active open-loop monacolin K which can be directly absorbed for cholesterol-lowering effects. Lower-grade red yeast rice strains will require conversion before the body can utilize them and may even cause strain to the liver.
Not only is CHOLRestore natural and safe, but it is also more effective than prescription medication or other red yeast rice products, both of which tend to focus on lowering cholesterol levels only. CHOLRestore supports a healthy cardiovascular system through a 3-prong approach.
1. Regulates cholesterol production by the liver
Red yeast rice contains a naturally-derived active compound that helps lessen cholesterol production by the liver.
2. Helps block the absorption of dietary cholesterol
Naturally-occurring plant sterols compete with cholesterol to form mixed micelles. In so doing, less cholesterol is absorbed into the bloodstream.
3. Facilitates the discharge of cholesterol
Naturally occurring Oryza Sterol stimulates intestinal cholesterol excretion. As more cholesterol is removed from the body, this helps to promote healthy cholesterol levels.
With healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels, the risk of plaque buildup is greatly reduced and this will also help reduce the risks of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and heart attack.