Having a tough time losing weight? We’ve got you covered. Here we will share with you 6 healthy weight loss tips to get you back on track.
1. Go for more fiber, less refined carbohydrates. Refined carbohydrates refer to sugars and grains which have been processed to remove their fiber and other nutrients. Examples include white bread, white rice and pasta. Consuming such carbohydrates have been associated with obesity. They cause blood sugar spikes, stimulating hunger a few hours later. Instead, you should eat more fiber-rich foods such as whole grains, fruits (e.g. pears, apples and raspberries) and vegetables (e.g. carrots, beets and broccoli). They help keep you satiated for a longer period of time.
2. Watch what you’re drinking. Avoid drinking sugar-sweetened beverages, including soft drinks and fruit juices. Sugary drinks have been found to elevate the risk of obesity in children by 60%. Cut out alcoholic beverages as well. Just one 12-ounce can of beer contains a whopping 155 calories. Simply having a few drinks in a night can cause you to consume several hundred additional calories. You should replace these drinks with low-calorie beverages such as unsweetened tea and lemon water.
3. Stay hydrated. Sometimes, thirst is misinterpreted as hunger. The next time you’re feeling hungry, you should try drinking a glass of water first before taking in the extra calories. Also, as your body requires water in every cellular process (including metabolism), they all slow down when you’re lacking in water. Drinking water can improve your metabolism by 24–30% over 1–1.5 hours, which burns several calories.
4. Eat more protein (e.g. eggs) for breakfast. Greater protein consumption in the morning can help decrease hunger cravings and enhance appetite control through the day.
5. Chew your food more slowly. This can help reduce your calorie intake as your brain needs some time to register the feeling of fullness.
6. Do more aerobic exercises (e.g. running, cycling, swimming and brisk walking). These exercises help strengthen your cardiovascular health, mental health and support weight loss.
You may like:
AFC LipoDOWN2 is an award-winning slimming supplement that is clinically proven to fuel fat burning round-the-clock, even while you are at rest. Enhanced with APF Fat Reduction Factors, the new proprietary formula is 200% more powerful in supporting sustainable fat loss, visible inch and weight loss. AFC LipoDOWN2 is a natural and safe formula, free from caffeine, diuretics, laxatives and stimulants. It is the perfect slimming supplement for individuals with sedentary lifestyles.