People with gastric reflux should avoid the following foods:
• Tomato & Citrus fruits : These foods contains malic acid and citrus acid that can stimulate more production of gastric acid and worsen gastric conditions
• Alcohol not only increase the production gastric acid but also loosen the lower oesophageal sphincter. These can trigger an acid reflux.
• Carbonated drinks can cause gas build up in the stomach. When your stomach is distended, there is increased pressure on the lower oesophageal sphincter that can trigger a gastric reflux.
• Spicy foods irritate the esophagus and triggering reflux symptoms
• Oily foods slow down the emptying of the stomach, which increases pressure on the lower oesophageal sphincter, and causing a gastric reflux.