Are you experiencing hair loss problems? You’re not alone! In fact, it affects millions of people globally. Hair loss can be resulted from a variety of factors, such as genetics, chronic stress, hormone abnormalities, nutritional deficiencies, lifestyle, specific medications and medical problems.
Here, we will give you some tips on how to prevent hair loss.
1. Did you know that a deficiency in nutrients like omega-3, vitamin C, B vitamins and protein can cause hair loss? The good news is that you can reverse this effect by correcting the deficiency in any of these nutrients!
As such, you are recommended to:
- Consume more fatty fish (e.g. salmon, herring and sardine). These are good omega-3 sources associated with hair growth.
- Take more vitamin C rich foods including guavas, strawberries and citrus fruits. Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant, which protects your hair follicles against free radical damage (known to hinder hair growth). It is also required in the production of collagen (a vital component of the hair structure) and in iron absorption (a mineral needed for hair growth).
- Load on foods high in vitamin B such as whole grains, dark and leafy vegetables, and fish. B vitamins assist in the formation of red blood cells. These cells carry oxygen and nutrients to all parts of the body, including your scalp and hair follicles, which is essential for your hair growth.
- Eat an adequate amount of protein (major component of hair follicles). Examples of good sources are eggs, lean meats and soy products.
2. Quit smoking! Smoking can cause premature ageing of your hair cells, which will result in brittle hair follicles.
3. Use shampoos that are free from harsh cleansing agents, synthetic chemicals and mineral oil (these can clog your hair follicles and cause premature hair loss).
4. Be gentle when drying and combing your wet hair as it is most vulnerable when it is wet. You are recommended to use a wide-tooth comb.
5. Avoid hairstyles like braids, buns or ponytails that pull on your hair.
6. Refrain from using hair treatment chemicals or high-heat hair styling tools such as hair dryers, curling irons and hair straighteners. These can cause damage to your hair in the long run.
You may like:
SHOKAIGAN Intensive Scalp Therapy Shampoo EX
Made from a powerful blend of 15 amino acids, licorice root extract and natural plant extracts, SHOKAIGAN Intensive Scalp Therapy Shampoo EX deep cleanses without harsh chemicals and primes the scalp for a fuller healthier hair growth. The plant-delivered amino acids strengthen and moisturise the hair, leaving it strong and silky smooth. Unlike normal shampoos, it is all natural and free from sodium laureth sulfate, petrochemical surfactants, preservatives, fragrance and colouring. Most importantly, it does not contain silicon which clogs hair follicle and scalp, preventing moisturising nutrients from penetrating into hair and scalp. SHOKAIGAN Intensive Scalp Therapy Shampoo EX is clinically proven to prevent premature hair loss, dandruff, scalp inflammation and strengthen hair from the root.