Healthy blood circulation and strong, flexible blood vessels are the keys to good circulatory health; essential for the transportation of vital nutrients and oxygen to tissues and organs throughout the body. Smoking, lack of exercise, unhealthy diets and ageing are all contributing factors of an unhealthy circulatory system. However, recent studies have shown that ageing plays a vital role in our circulatory health. As we age, our blood vessels undergo changes such as arterial stiffening and fat deposits build up in our vessels easily, leading to an increased risk of serious health issues such as hypertension (high blood pressure), stroke and heart attack.
AFC Ginkgo Sensei Supreme is a one-a-day clinical strength formula consisting of 120mg Standardised Ginkgo Biloba Extract derived using Japan’s latest proprietary activation technique. Combined with blood vessel strengthening Tri-Bioflavanoids and added Brahmi Extract, GABA and Lecithin, it is scientifically proven to support good circulatory health, brain functions and vascular health.
- Support healthy peripheral circulation in the body to relieve cold hands and feet and body stiffness
- Promote healthy microcirculation to brain
- Support memory, mental clarity and concentration
- Maintain vascular integrity; strengthen blood vessels
- Rich in powerful antioxidant, protect brain and blood vessels against free radical damage
Ginkgo leaves had been used as a Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries. Today, it is the most widely used herb for improving cognitive function, especially to help enhance memory, learning, alertness, mood, as well as circulation related benefits. Many remarkable properties have been found in the unique compounds of ginkgo leaves - Ginkgo Flavonglycosides and Terpene Lactones.
1. Improvement in Cognitive Ability and Blood Circulation
Ginkgo extract is proven to improve the therapeutic efficacy, cognitive ability and blood flow supply of patients with Vascular Cognitive Impairment (VCI). The Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) showed the scores of attention, abstraction, memory and orientation were significantly increased after intake of ginkgo extract for 3 months.1
2. Inhibition of B-amyloid Precursor Protein
Ginkgo extract is known to inhibit the formation of B-amyloid precursor protein, the potential cause of Alzheimer’s disease.2
3. Improvement in Symptoms of Dementia
The study below shows that Ginkgo Biloba Extract significantly improve SKT* score (test for dementia) and is effective in improving cognitive function of dementia sufferers.3
Bioflavonoids, also known as Vitamin P (P stands for permeability factor), is a group of antioxidant that support the improvement of the blood vessels lining permeability and integrity, preventing rupture and Edema. Hesperitin, Rutin and Quercetin are the best known Bioflavonoids for their role in vascular health.
Scientific Proven Benefits of Tri-Bioflavonoids
• Prevent the Formation of Blood Clot
Research showed that Rutin is a powerful anti-thrombotic agent for cardiovascular disease (prevent the formation of blood clot that can break off and obstruct blood flow in the blood vessels.) 4
• Improve Blood Vessel Health
Clinical study indicates that consumption of Hesperidin from orange juice can reduce endothelial dysfunction. (Endothelial is the inner lining of blood vessels) which responsible for constriction and dilation of blood vessels, formation of new blood vessels and blood pressure control) 5
Healthy blood vessels are as essential as smooth circulation in maintaining a healthy circulatory system. The way to keep your blood vessels strong is to keep the endothelium healthy. The endothelium is a layer of cells that line the inside of your blood vessels, vital in keeping the tone of vessel walls, regulating immune and inflammatory responses. The endothelium also helps to modulate blood flow and forms an anticoagulant barrier, which allows blood to flow without clotting. Damaged endothelium may cause serious problem like hardening of the arteries.
Soy lecithin is a natural source of Choline extracted from soybean oil. Choline is the precursor for acetylcholine synthesis, essential for memory, verbal and logical reasoning, and the ability to concentrate.
Other health benefits of Soy Lecithin:
• Support healthy lipid-cholesterol transportation and reduce accumulation of lipid in artery
• Support healthy fat metabolism
• Help reduce fat accumulation in the liver
Brahmi is a plant that has been used for centuries by practitioner of Traditional Indian Medicine for treatment of anxiety and poor memory. It acts as an adaptogen to increase the body’s ability to adapt to new or stressful situations. It also helps to support memory and mental clarity.
GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) is a non-essential amino acid found mainly in the human brain and eyes. It acts as the brain's “natural calming agent". By inhibiting over-stimulation of the brain, GABA may help promote relaxation, ease nervous tension as well as support quality sleep.
Add AFC Ginkgo Sensei Supreme to your daily health supplement today!
• Promote healthy blood microcirculation to the brain
• Support peripheral circulation to relieve cold hands and feet, relieve stiffness
• Support memory, mental clarity and concentration
• Maintain vascular integrity and support strong and flexible blood vessels
• Help relieve the “ringing in the ears”
• Protect brain and blood vessels against free radical damage
AFC Ginkgo Sensei Supreme is highly recommended for individuals who:
• Experience age-related memory and focus concerns
• Experience symptoms of poor blood circulation such as cold hands and feet, numbness in fingers and toes, stiff shoulders, etc
• Concerned about healthy ageing of the brain; especially the middle aged and elderly
Contents: 330mg x 60 caplets (2-months’ supply)
1. Wang LP et al. (2015). Comparison of integrated traditional Chinese and western medicine therapy on vascular cognitive impairment with no dementia. Genetics and Molecular Research 14(2).p4896-4902
2. Yao ZX et al. (2004). Ginkgo biloba extract (Egb 761) inhibits beta-amyloid production by lowering free cholesterol levels. J Nutr Biochem 15:749–56.
3. Mazza. M et al. (2006) Ginkgo biloba and donepezil: a comparison in the treatment of Alzheimer's dementia in a randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study. European Journal of Neurology 13 (9). p981–985
4. Choi JH et al. (2015) Anti-thrombolic effect of rutin isolated from Dendropanax morbifera Leveille. J Biosci Bioeng 120(2). P181-186
5. Constans J et al. (2015) Marked antioxidant effect of orange juice intake and its phytomicronutrients in a preliminary randomized cross-over trial on mild hypercholesterolemic men. Clinical Nutrition Journal 36(6). P1093-1100
|No. of Cores||60 caplets|