Active Ingredients per 1 softgel
Lutein (from FloraGLO Lutein 4X) 10mg, Anthocyanins 18mg, Astaxanthin 4mg (from Haemotococcus Algae Extract), Zeaxanthin(from FloraGLO Lutein 4X) 500mcg
1 softgel daily, preferably after meal.
Blue lights emitted from electronic devices such as computers, mobile phones, TV and LED screens- produce a type of by-product called free radicals that can result in oxidative damage to eye tissues. The damage is slow and progressive, affecting the health of photoreceptors and macula and leading in premature eye problems such as blurred vision, dry eyes, eye strain and macular degeneration. Increased and prolonged usage of digital gadgets makes it crucial to provide early protection to the eyes with nutritional antioxidant supsupport to neutralise the harmful effects of free radical damage.
Diamond Vision PRO 4X is scientifically formulated to provide crucial nutritional support to safeguard the well-being of your eyes, by reducing accommodative stress from prolonged work at near focal length, while neutralising harmful blue light and free radicals that are damaging to the eyes.
• FloraGLO Lutein 4X and Zeaxanthin serve as natural filter against harmful UV and blue lights.
• High strength Natural Astaxanthin crosses the blood-retina barrier to provide the highest antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection to the eye.
• Northern European Bilberry Extract, (36% Anthocyanins)naturally rich in Anthocyanins and Beta-Carotene, provides nutrition to eye tissues, improves blood flow in the eye and helps strengthen capillaries in the eyes.
• Protects eyes against oxidative damage caused by harmful blue light, UV ray and oxygen radicals.
• Promotes visual acuity and healthy eye pressure levels
• Maintains photoreceptor and retinal health
• Reduces inflammation and improves blood flow in the eye
• Soothes eye strain and fatigue
• Improves focal adjustment and delay age related vision deterioration
Unlike conventional FloraGLO lutein, Diamond Vision PRO 4X’s unique FloraGLO Lutein 4X is developed via a proprietary 4X technology for targeted delivery. Its absorption into the body is 4 times that of the typical FloraGLO Lutein. In other words, it is 4 times more potent and yields even better results than the first-generation Diamond Vision.
FloraGLO Lutein 4X and Zeaxanthin are the only naturally occurring carotenoids concentrated in the macula to form the macular pigment, a yellowish deposit at the back centre of the retina that is responsible for producing clear central vision. Macular pigment also acts as a natural built-in sunscreen, neutralising harmful rays and protecting eyes against damage from free radicals. According to research, Lutein and Zeaxanthin are the Carotenoids that are most strongly associated with a reduced risk for Age-Related Macular Degeneration, a chronic irreversible eye condition that results in the gradual loss of central vision due to the damage of the macula.
Natural Astaxanthin is commonly touted as “Nature’s Strongest Antioxidant”. With a unique chemical structure, it has the following properties:
i. Superior Antioxidant Protection
Astaxanthin can across the blood-retina barriers (while Beta Carotene and Lycopene do not) to reach the inner eyes to deliver potent antioxidant protection, thereby retarding the deterioration of vision and lowering risks of developing cataract and macular degeneration.
ii. Unique Protection for Cell Membrane
Free radicals are able to attack the aqueous or lipid layers of the cells. Hence, our cells need defence mechanism on both layers. For examples, β-carotene and Vitamin C only protect the inside and outside of the cell membrane respectively. Astaxanthin, on the other hand, is able to provide defence for both layers by residing in both the lipid and water-soluble layers of the cells and providing protection against free radicals damage.
iii. Potent Natural Anti-inflammatory Properties
Astaxanthin helps to reduce inflammation by suppressing inflammatory mediators.
Astaxanthin has been widely researched in Japan, for its benefits in improving vision.
• Clinical studies in Japan showed that supplementation of 4mg Astaxanthin daily can improve visual acuity by shortening the accommodation time of the eyes in people who are above 40 years old.
• Astaxanthin has also been proven to reduce eye fatigue, eye strain and may slow down the progression of presbyopia in middle-aged and older people
• Diamond Vision PRO 4X provides high strength Natural Astaxanthin that is extracted from Haematococcus Pluvialis algae, one of the richest and most bioavailable source of Astaxanthin. Natural Astaxanthin is proven to be 20 times more effective than synthetic Astaxanthin in eliminating free radical.
Northern European Bilberry Extract with 36% Anthocyanins has the highest therapeutic strength. Anthocyanins help to strengthen blood vessels in the eyes and improve the flow of oxygen-rich blood and delivery of nutrients to the eyes. The Northern Bilberry is also naturally rich in Beta Carotene, Vitamin C and E, Flavonoids that are helpful in maintaining healthy vision.
• Experience eye fatigue with near point tasks or after prolonged work on a computer
• Constantly exposed to UV and strong lightings
• Read from regularly on digital devices
• Experience difficulty in adjusting between near and far focal points
Contents: 30 softgels
1. Akira et al (2004) Changes in visual function following peroral astaxanthin. Japanese Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology. 58(6)p.1051-1054
2. Yasunori et al (2006) The supplementation effect of Astaxanthin on Accomodation and Asthenopia. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics & Medicines. 22(1)p.41-54
3. Kajita et al (2009) The effect of dietary supplement containing Astaxanthin on the Accommodation Function of the eye in middle –aged and older people. Medical Consultation & New Remedies 46(3)p.1-7
4. Capelli B et al (2013) Synthetic Astaxanthin is significantly inferior to algal-based astaxanthin as an antioxidant and may not be suitable as a human nutraceutical supplement. Nutrafoods. 12:145-152.